Old July 25th 19, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

Default Lift pins

On Thursday, 25 July 2019 04:36:26 UTC+2, wrote:
Essentially, the lift pins keep the wing in proper alignment relative to the fuselage while in flight, while the spars and their retaining pin(s) hold the wing together and carry the load of the aircraft.

I'm not an expert but I thought the lift pins (for and aft pins at wing/fuse junction) carry the full load of the fuselage on gliders. They're not there just for keeping things aligned.

That is certainly the case on my Nimbus 2 where the main spar is joined and secured with a main pin but can still essentially float around in the fuselage if it were not for the lift pins on the wings.
Hence the name "lift pins" - they carry the fuselage load.