Old November 14th 20, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default Site ideas for a big Western US soaring trip next season

Marfa Gliders Soaring Center near the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park in southwest Texas is NOT closing.

Downsizing, yes. Closing, NO!
I just sold a couple of gliders and my '46 J3 Cub and still own 7 aircraft, including two towplanes for year-round aerotows plus my three large hangars. As your Designated Pilot Examiner, checkrides for all FAA glider ratings including Initial CFIG. FREE checkrides for glider ratings at Marfa since 2016.

Contact me well in advance to make sure that I'm available to facilitate your fun!
I offer CFIG renewals or reinstatements, a Rusty Pilot course. flight reviews, towpilot endorsements, old-school thermaling secrets and more.
Just renewed our Wave Window to 30,000' msl with FAA / ATC. Marfa Airport elevation is 5,000' ASL.
Marfa, Texas, is the site of the 15th National Landmark of Soaring and where "The Sun Ship Game" was filmed at the 1969 US Nationals.

Let's discuss details and dates. Please don't show up unannounced.
E-mail Website: www.flygliders.com
Link to a short video of flying at Marfa: https://vimeo.com/67137849

Burt