Old August 22nd 18, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Go Soaring

Default Sailplane Canopy

I think sadly you may be clutching at straws, we're in England, may
son has a Libelle, if there was any opportunity of obtaining decent
canopy transparencies for that cost, everyone would know of them
and be buying them.

t 05:22 22 August 2018, Darryl Ramm wrote:
There is no moderator this is a USENET group, it's the wild west.

There
are=
no "PM"s.

You seem to be posting from Google Groups (which forwards all

this stuff
to=
USENET). You can search for past messages for the Goggle

Groups web page.
=
there in the search box. You can also reply to posters via emails

from the
=
Google Groups web pages and try taking your requests to folks

offline
yours=
elf.

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 9:40:42 PM UTC-7,

wrote:
Is it possible to get a moderator to send a pm to someone?

Some of you
ha=
ve you're contact email in you're title. When I first posted with
questions=
regarding transparencies a guy by the name of Gram Drinkell

wrote that he
=
knows of a Libelle Canopy that can be had for around $500.00 he

only
mentio=
ned the City Name where they're made. I searched the Internet

and found
nam=
es for at least most aviation companies in that city.
=20
I posted another with Gram's name in the Subject but this man

has yet
to=
respond. Gram please save me the trouble and cost of numerous
Internationa=
l calls with Skype in hopes of finding the company you

mentioned... I'll
do=
it don't get me wrong. I'll send handwritten letters if I must. Don't
thin=
k I won't. I found a company that's got a 301 mold and a 301

could be had
f=
rom them for a little less than 1,000.
=20
They could do a 201 but would need to make the plug and or

mold and they
=
quoted 2,000 for that. Such is searching for components for

restoration of
=
a Libelle that may need a lot of work. Want to keep costs in check

from
the=
start. If I could afford Macaplex I'd likely go that route. If I could
aff=
ord Macaplex I would be able to afford to trial and error my way

through
pr=
oducing my own canopy as well.=20
=20