Old December 5th 05, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Basic Training Gliders - head rests

Dave Martin wrote in
:

(snip)
Perhaps for gliders we should insist on airbags and
head restraints for both seats?

Having flown from the rear of many two seaters the
head gear and hairstyle of the front seat passenger
causes more problems than a well designed head retraint.

IMHO the worst thing the front seat passenger can wear
is a white hat or an have affro/permed hairstyle.

Dave

No glider air bags for me. Most of my landings would set them off!

When I fly our Duo I insist on the front seat person wearing a dark colored
hat. Otherwise all the rear seater sees in the canopy is reflections of
white hat.
-Bob Korves