Old June 15th 04, 06:32 PM
ArVa

"George Z. Bush" a écrit dans le message de

Would you mind posting the names of the other two corporations who, along

with
Diebold, seem to control the lion's share of the electronic vote counting
equipment available in the US?

The three companies are Diebold, Sequoia, et ES&S (Election Systems and
Software).
There was a very interesting, detailed (and definitely scary) article a few
months ago in the Independent newspaper about the multiple failures, passed
and probably to come, of the new electronic voting machines. Generally
speaking, I must say your votings habits and customs seem a bit strange seen
from "Old Europe"... :-)
We do have some local experiments with voting machines here but the security
measures are far more drastic than those applied in the United States (for
instance, people always get a receipt), and people still have the choice
between pushing a button or slipping a sealed enveloppe in a ballot box to
cast their vote.

Incidentally, I went to the Diebold web site and found a search page there

for
the use of the public in getting information about Diebold. I punched in

both
"Names of Directors" and "List of Directors" and was informed both times

that
there was no such information available. Isn't that interesting, much

less
remarkable??

A pretty common phenomenon with poor quality on-site search engines. Try the
"Investors" link on the main page, you should find all the informations you
were looking for.

Regards,
ArVa