Old December 29th 19, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

Comparison between 27b and V2b:

I flew a Ventus 2B and an ASW 27B.

-The Ventus 2b wings are very hard, for me they are too hard to Fl without water.
-The 27 wings are softer and more flexible.

-Both have integral ballast tanks.
-Both have automatic of rudder connection.

Ventus 2b has a 4" wheel.
27b has a 5" wheel with a disc brake. (better)

The 2b climbs better than the 27b.
The 27b had a little better glide ratio, especially at higher speeds. Higher wingloading with less weight then the 2b.(500kg with 9m² to 525kg with 9,67m².

The V2b has a ballast tank in the tail.
One a very few 27bs have a ballast tank in the tail, but you can install a ballast tank in the fuselage which works a little bit like a ballast tank in the tail fr weight and balance. One of the disadvantages of the 27.

I live in Germany and own a LS6, a model. Last saison I had some nice flights in my LS6a with my friend Michael in his 27b. It was a lot of fun and the high price of the 27 is it not worth in comparison with the LS6.

TOPIC REPAINTING:
Last year we brought our LS4 to Poland for repainting. Because it is a glider of our club, we decided not to take PU. So we choose t35 as paint. Including callsigns and cockpit We paid 7,5k€ without tax.
This year we brought the 27b to Poland, we paid 10k€ without tax. Complete in white, without callsigns.

In Gemany you pay 50% more.

Kind regards,
Lukas