Old August 26th 05, 01:49 PM
Jay Honeck

Illegal immigrants don't pay social security taxes.

Sure they do they get a phony ID and then find a job and the employer
takes out the taxes and SSI . The employer doesnt even know they are
ilegal.
If the employer finds out he has to fire the employee or he can be fined.

That's incorrect. We interview Hispanic women all the time (for
housekeeping openings -- their primary source of income, methinks), and
require that each applicant list their Social Security number on their
application.

There is a phone number to call to verify any SS number. If it's not valid,
the person at the other end tells us that "This person should contact the
Social Security Administration, since there is something wrong with their
number." They don't really care if it indicates that the person is an
illegal alien.

In a perfect world, they would send the gendarmes over to arrest the
illegal -- I would be happy to cooperate -- but they have ZERO interest in
doing this. And apparently ZERO contact with any law enforcement agency.

The Federal Government is screwed up far beyond what the average person on
the street can imagine.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA