Old October 9th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default OK, IF Backwash Causes Lift then...

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

writes:

Nope. The lift/drag vectors are different as the AOA
changes.
Powered aircraft are gliders when the engines are off.

WEll, your engine has been off for some time and you're not a glider.

Bertie

Well......I guess ole' Mx could perform an experiment that proves his
point here.
If what he says has merit (God help us :-) that big ole 747 up there
with all 4 shut down should actually be able to CLIMB in those l'll ole'
thermals right over there now shouldn't it

God I hope he starts on gliders.

I got as thousand nopes in my pocket waiting.

Bertie