Old January 25th 04, 04:27 PM
Daniel

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
ink.net...
And what type of aircraft might this be? I'd like to make sure I avoid
building one (no offense).

I deliberately avoided that because all the faults in the construction and
rigging were of my own making, and there were many. I built the craft from
plans without much advice or help, the only advisor I saw during
construction had no familiarity with the craft. There was nobody in my area
that had any familiarity with the plane to help with rigging and I made a
lot of errors. The first was even trying with so little good knowledge or
advice. Sun N Fun the next spring allowed me to meet others with the same
plane and one of the fellows came to my strip and helped out. The craft had
done about 15 hours by then but it required a lot of work, including
replacing and inspecting parts damaged in the first few flights. The
transformation was amazing and really taught me a lot about how I should
have proceeded. In any case it was only the lack of direction and experience
that caused my problems, it would probably not happen with the EAA help
available today. Unless there are other people as stupid as I was when I
started out.