Old October 6th 03, 02:54 AM
Roger Druce

Great stuff that steel wool. It really happened that a club in the back
blocks of Australia decided to brighten up the dulled finish on their L13
Blanik and polished it with steel wool. Needless to say they were peeved a
bit later to find all manner of rust spots and corrosion pits having
successfully destroyed the great finish on the aluminium sheet that the
manuafacturer had achieved.

Hmmm, so its winter over there and there's naught to do but lapse into
humour. How sad, well it just brings tears to my eyes. Of course, on the
real & important side of the world, summer is comming and its only a matter
(non-trivial actually) of getting the last of gliders out of the workshop
and then into some real flying.

Roger Druce

"Kirk Stant" wrote in message
om...
I prefer to vigorously go over the entire ship (including the canopy)
with nice fine steel wool - gets rid of all the bugs and mud collected
at "low altitude", stops annoying glare (a definite safety plus!), and
when a refinish is finally due, most of the hard work is already done.

Wax just gets in those pesky holes - "static ports" I've heard them
called by local pundits - but I usually fill them with epoxy anyway.
Anything that small can't be of much use, after all.

Kirk