Old March 28th 04, 07:08 PM
Dale Alexander

I just spoke with a fellow named Art last night. He lives in Pacific Grove
and owns the last of the inventory. He was very kind and explained some of
the issues with the Goldwing. He mentioned the spar mod but didn't remember
when the mod took place. This Goldwing has a serial number of 170 and may
have the updated spar. He mentioned what the spar would look like if it is
the correct one. I haven't yet wandered out to the shed to look. At any
rate, he was very complementary about the Goldwing, so maybe I'll find a
builder to complete this one. Someone down in Fresno is interested and I
think I'll put him in contact with Art and let the two yak at each other.
This Goldwing has been stored very well as the foam for the wings is still
quite pliable rather than crumbling. There may be hope for another one yet.
I have reconsidered chopping it up for the time being.

Dale Alexander

"Fitzair4" wrote in message
The Goldwing spar was made stronger after that Crash.
I built up 3 sets of wings and others. Sold 12 Kits.
Their have been many aircraft wings spars, built for other aircraft
using that type of spars style.
The other crashes of other Goldwings, were from pilot error.
All of these first spars were called back. My Goldwing #36 was
the updated wing. Still have it in the Hanger. Put about 60 hrs on it.

Any type of aircraft will last forever, IF IT IS STORED IN THE RIGHT
CONDITIONS.

I build Many Composite planes full time since 1980.

My Goldwing sure draws attention when doing a flying-bye.
I had the first kit built Goldwing on display at Oshkosh Fly-In.

Larry Fitzgerald