Old February 19th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

On Feb 18, 10:59 pm, "Dan" wrote:
I like the tip about using OBS #2 to hold altitude assignments! As
far as the flashlight goes, I have one that hangs around my neck on a
lanyard. I don't bother timing my approaches. With 2 GPS units and
associated situational awareness, timing is a waste of time.

--Dan

Except when you need the OBS #2 for navigation! It sounds like GPS
navigation is now the norm. One of the planes I fly has a GNS-430,
but the other just has 2 old fashioned VOR's. Plus of course my
Lowrance 2000C, which I use for situation awareness only. But since
I'm still a student, I don't bring along the portable yet. I don't
think the examiner would appreciate it.