Old June 16th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying from Naples to key west and up through KMIA

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:42:55 GMT, "Mike Schumann"
wrote:

Why not fly south from Naples to Key West along the shoreline. Much more
scenic and safer.

Mike Schumann

Hmmm ... Out over Ten Thousand Islands and down to East Cape then it's
just a 25 mile hop across to Marathon (MTH). If we go that route, I'd
suggest to my co-pilot that we not even bother going down to Key West.
Stay overnight at Marathon then head back north. At least the trip
back north would be 40 miles shorter.

And you are right, the scenery along the Everglades National Park
would be better.

The main reason I wanted to take the straight shot down to Key West
was to experience at least once what it's like to be out over the open
water in a GA aircraft that I am flying. Right now that would be part
of the adventure.

Kirk Ellis