Old August 6th 05, 12:51 PM
Tom McQuinn

Its already happened in years past out in the North 40. (serious
injuries from a plane over-running a tent that is).
I'm just amazed that it doesn't happen more.
(knock on wood)...

Ryan Wubben

Wow. That is disturbing. It's a pity that the powers that be can't put
a fraction of the effort they put into verifying that the camping fees
have been paid, into creating and enforcing a 'no taxiing directly from
the campsite, must turn 90 degrees first' rule.

When I was at Fond du Loc and we couldn't get my Archer up the tiny
incline in front of me I called the FBO and they cheerfully towed me to
the taxiway. But I suspect the sheer quantity of planes at OSH would
quickly overwhelm any FBO who tried to be so generous.

Tom