Old August 28th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Default Off in the weeds

Dan Luke wrote:
I don't think they realized how
close they had come to getting hurt or killed.
Oh, well; another lesson learned. "Controls free and correct?" Maybe at the
moment you check, but watch out for anything that could interfere with them
while you're not looking.

When I was a really low-timer, my instructor once grabbed the yoke, pulled
the plane into a gentle rolling climb, locked his cross-controlled leg onto
the rudder pedal and didn't move.

He said, "I am your passenger and I just freaked out at what you did and I'm
not lettin' go for anything." Truth is, after 8 or so lessons, I didn't know
what to do. So I smacked his hand off the yoke. It didn't budge. We were
slowing down fast and continuing to roll left thru 30deg. I smacked his hands
again but he was frozen. 45 degrees roll and really in a weird, slow attitude
I panicked and punched his face. His hands went to his face immediately and I
kinda got the ol' 152 back in a reasonable attitude.
Turns out way back he had a student freeze on him and they went into a spin
until he could get control back. He expected me to just get more agressive on
his arms until he let go but I got scared and went the next step up.
An interesting lesson. One I hope I won't need to use cuz' I fly gliders now
and gettin your hands on someone in a K-21 or DuoDiscus ain't easy.

I hear that when flying the S 2-32s they take the stick out of the back seat.
O_o