Old November 20th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default The "darker side" of flying (Night Landings) with ATC COMS -Video

On Nov 19, 7:22*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
wrote:
Night currency landings - video

Al,

Here's one of mine...

http://www.bburke.com/images/NightArrivalKHFD20.wmv

I'd love to grab audio like you do!

Link not working above??? I get file not found....

I bought a digital recorder and also a patch cord.

http://aircraftpatchcord.com/ is where I got the patch chord. Total
cost was $80 for both cord and recorder. You do not need an expensive
recorder as I have a very cheap version.

Setup, nothing to it. Literally, plug it, set it (turn it on) and
forget it. Great way to time your flights LOL as I turn the recorder
on once I flip the master switch on and turn the recorder off when I
unplug it. Length of .mp3 file pretty much the time you were PIC of a
plane!

After flying, for my video, I put a prompt in when I turn the camera
on so that I know where to start in the audio. Then it's a matter of
syncing it up to the video. I say camera on and then camera off, and
on the final product, I edit the prompt out.

Stall horn loud enough to hear both through the digital recording and
the camera audio, so landing syncing very easy.