Old April 23rd 10, 02:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

Default SR-71

"Canuck" wrote in
:

Photos of the Blackbird as early as 1979 & 1980 show the ECM dents

Interesting thread. The Blackbird that displayed at Abbotsford in
1986 appears not to have had them.

Bob ^,,^

Hey! I resemble that remark! I was at Abbotsford in 1986 and got this
shot of the SR-71 on the ground. I also don't remember seeing any
indentations on the nose. The chines were smooth and uniform all the
way around the aircraft.

Here are two of my shots....

thanks for the photos.

IMHO:
Looked at the video of the 86 show and the color of the nose paint is
different from the rest of the aircraft. ( not as faded) since the nose of
the Blackbird is interchanegable, and the show was just up the coast from
Beale, I suspect they put a plain nose on for the show, no need for the ECM
nose for what would be considered a training or domestic flight..
just my opinion , of course...