Old November 13th 03, 12:52 AM
Eric Greenwell

In article GGosb.241760$0v4.17089702@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, says...

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
.. .

No, I don't know anything about those particular panels, I just want to
point out that even with only 200 ma of charge, you will need a charge
controller or you risk cooking your battery. Last time I checked, they were
a $29.00 item. I ruined several batteries before I learned.

Good general advice. I can get away without using one because I have a
36 AH battery in my motorglider, and the battery specs allow even
higher currents for charging without a controller. 200 ma would be too
much for the typical 7 AH battery, however.

--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)