Old April 21st 05, 03:35 PM
Matt Barrow

"Chris" wrote in message

Those of us who do have to pay $7.80 are the ones entitled to gripe about
it. However I am also aware of where my tax £'s go and frankly I do not
worry too much about it. Why, apart from money wasted on some dunderheaded
war, most gets put to good use.

****ing it down a toilet is a good use? Gee, you're a good little munchen!

My parents get good medical treatment and they do not have to pay a cent

for
it, I put a son through Oxford University for $30,000 (mostly for beer I
think) and many other things.

Wow!!, glorified parasitism!!

I consider flying a hobby, a luxury and indulgence. I do not fly to

support
my job, British Airways is always the best for that.

What I don't do is take flying for granted. Here its a privilege not a

right
but I have to accept that the majority of the country don't give a damn
about it and would not care a jot if it was stopped.

So while I can I will pay my $7.80 a gallon and my eurocontrol charges and
enjoy it and every so often slip over to the US and enjoy flying for $3 a
gallon and be subsidised by your tax $$s. That will taste sweet, knowing
that you are subsidising my flying.

See previous comment.