Old September 4th 05, 01:48 PM
john smith

Cub Driver wrote:
Someone here was asking about flying time in a Stearman biplane.
I talked with Damian DelGaizo at Andover (NJ) Flight the other week,
and he now has a Stearman on line, in addition to a Super Cub and an
L-4. It is available for dual. I'm not sure about solo.
As noted at the time, the Stearman at Hampton NH has been sold. It's
still on the field but I don't think is available for instruction at
this time. When it was used for training, that one was dual one, per
order of the insurance company.

Waynesville OH had a Stearman you could get dual in and solo.
You had to have your own liability and hull, though.
Some people were buying their own hull coverage for the summer months,
then cancelling for the balance of the year.