Old July 12th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
William Black[_1_]

Default Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
William Black writes:

It's the major official language, and a lot more popular than Hindi in
school for older kids.

Hindi is the major language, with English being more of a lingua franca
(since
there are many different languages in India). Educated people do learn
English, but they don't necessarily speak it on an everyday basis.

Oh yes they do.

My experience is that most business and engineering is conducted in English.

--
William Black

Time for tea.