Old June 7th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default American decline in tech was: ENvironmentally Friendly ...

On Jun 6, 4:54 pm, Bob Fry wrote:
"kontiki" == kontiki writes:

kontiki I'm an engineer too Bob. Taxpayers have spent many
kontiki millions for special development projects over the
kontiki years. What I would find interesting is to know if any of
kontiki them ever made a dime out of their "investment".

You aren't much of an engineer if you don't know the origin of the
Internet, just one example to your implied question above.

kontiki When you have to convince a group of private investers to
kontiki put up a lot of money for R&D of a potential new product
kontiki you have to do a lot of homewrok to convince them that
kontiki what you are doing will end up a viable product.

And you don't understand the origins of engineering either. You think
private is going to invest in fundamental science discovery?

Private investment and companies have a place. Government has a
place. What doesn't have a place in an industrial, or post-industrial,
democratic society is leaders ignorant of the scientific process,
unable and unwilling to try to understand other opinions, and
examine--or even acknowledge--that other countries are doing well for
their people without all the dogmatism and blind faith crap. But that
requires using the frontal cortex, an energy-intensive activity, and
strange to the back-slapping, glad-handing bozos so often running
things now.
--
If you are a happy employee does that make you 'gruntled' ?
- Jack Handey

Bob,

Don't waste your breath on Kontiki. He is a smug know-it-all who
thinks that he has all the answers. Read all his posts and you will
see what I mean. I have met too many geeks like him in our
profession. He thinks he has all the answers until the day the axe
falls on his neck and then he will scream louder than anyone else.

Dean