Old March 15th 11, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW-12 Proto Question

On Mar 14, 8:53*pm, Steve Leonard wrote:
So, for any that were involved with the returning of the prototype
ASW-12 from California to Germany, can you tell me a bit about the
trailer the plane was in for shipping back to Germany? * Did the
glider load into the trailer over the tongue, or in the more
conventional way, through the back of the trailer? *Was the trailer
still a canvas covered box, or had it been skinned with metal? *The
plane was de-registered from the US in 2005.

Sort of working a little history project. *Any information would be
appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Steve Leonard

The original factory trailers I have seen in pictures were front-load
and canvas covered.

Just so we are clear, I will murder anyone who crashes S/N 12012 due
to incompetence and survives the accident.... Just Say'in......