Old December 28th 18, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Taildragger Technique for Gliders

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 5:48:53 PM UTC-8, 6PK wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 4:43:22 PM UTC-8, Papa3 wrote:
Is anyone aware of a glider textbook or manual which teaches the details of taildragger takeoffs and landings in gliders? I have lots of examples that I've used personally with students based on my power training a Champ and dozens of available texts oriented at the power taildragger training.

Looking back through RAS, I found a couple of old threads but not what I was looking for. I just want to re-use someone else's diagrams and text. Failing that, I'll end up formally writing up my own notes along with those from a couple of other club CFIGs.

Not necessarily looking for a new thread on "why learning in Schweizers sucks" or "how come Americans don't know how to land." But it's Winter in the northern hemisphere, so I can probably predict where this will end up..

Erik Mann (P3)

Not much different than an airplane; two point touchdown in a glider as in a full stall landing in an airplane in calm conditions and medium to high energy mainwheel touchdown/approach in a glider as in a wheel landing in an airplane.

To correct,I should have;"and medium to high energy mainwheel touchdown/approach in a glider as in a wheel landing in an airplane"- in windy/gusty conditions.