Old July 30th 20, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default inverted Schweizer towhook

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 11:59:28 AM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
Tell you what why don’t we agree to disagree. Putting a Schweizer tow hitch on inverted or otherwise is a stupid idea anyway.

Once again, I remind you guys that some tow planes are only permitted to use a Schweizer release, and changing to a TOST, while desirable, may entail substantial paperwork and approvals by the FAA.

If anybody has a list of tow planes that are approved for TOST releases, that would be helpful to folks who MAY have a Schweizer hook and want to change over.