Old October 12th 12, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default TOST Release Failure - Two Uncommanded Release's

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:31:00 PM UTC-6, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:03:04 -0700, scottandrewalexander wrote:

I now have the seat pan out, the instrument panel out and looking it

over very thoroughly with a couple other pilots and see nothing. The

cable looks normal, the sleeve looks normal, pulley system looks normal,

the clamps at each end of the cable look fine. Essentially, everything

associated with the release system looks brand new.

The one thing you didn't mention is the state of the springs in the hook.

Were any of them broken?

--

martin@ | Martin Gregorie

gregorie. | Essex, UK

org |

Happened a few years ago on our G103 Twin II on the CG hook during two winch launch attempts. We quit after the second attempt. Broken spring on one side of the TOST release. Glider didn't move much either time.

Frank Whiteley