Old September 16th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default XCSoar opinion

On Sep 16, 9:24*am, Andres wrote:
I'm getting into XC flying and I would like to get opinions on the use
of XCSoar for navigation. Is it useful, reliable, is it worth using
etc? *Thanks in advance.

Hi Andres,

I have been flying with XC Soar going on 2 seasons now. I really like
it. I do not fly competition, so I am not familiar with all of the
task tools etc...............but as a tool for avid Cross Country
flying I think it's great.

I don't know anything about the other flight software programs out
there so I can't make any comparisons, except for the price. The
developers are constantly improving the software and it is easy to
use.

Brad