Old August 18th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Would you install lights?

Given the odds of being caught aloft after local sundown, there is a
clear-cut need for navigation lights. But the cost and current-drain
of traditional nav lights makes them a luxury for anyone building on
the cheap. Which is why I developed the circuit boards and etching
procedures that allows the use of inexpensive high-output LED's.

I don't recall when the procedure was posted but it works quite well.

The follow-on procedure, which has not been posted, shows how to
assemble the strobe light offered by Great Plains Aircraft.

The point here is that when fabricating a new airframe, the effort &
material needed to include nav-light wiring is such a pittance
compared to the whole that it's difficult to NOT justify its
inclusion.

-R.S.Hoover