Old December 17th 05, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another Cirrus Down

The key phrase is probably "...if at all possible" (that's my
rephrasing, if you are interested I can get the actual memo). However,
your concern is valid. The guys who show up to get you out of the plane
will probably be a CAP ground team. The level of personal risk a
volunteer is willing to accept to pull your bottom out of the aircraft
may vary wildly. However, from my 1 year in CAP this doesn't often seem
to be an issue. When you flight a down plane people are usually either
up and walking around or long gone. This is probably because it takes
so much longer for rescue to reach airplanes vs. cars on the freeway.

-Robert