Old December 19th 05, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another Cirrus Down

I am not sure I would willingly fly around with this much life
endangering explosive products in the baggage compartment of my
Warrior....

And in an aircraft that was not engineered to willingly assist the
pilot to maintain, recover to, and sustain controlled flight..

Hmmmmmm...

But, alas, I am also having difficulty in understanding why Garmin
would install magnets in their remote GPS antenna that commonly is
placed on the cowl/glareshield of of what is usually an ALUMINUM or
COMPOSITE aircraft.

Must be getting old, I'm having trouble understanding some things..

Dave

..On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:08:02 -0500, "Peter R."
wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:

That is comforting. You crash in a Cirrus but sustain
life-threatening injuries. So no one can assist until Cirrus is
contacted. So they wait a safe distance from the aircraft until you
die.

I have a friend who is a sergeant with the NY State Police. Three and a
half years ago he was the first responder to the fatal Cirrus spin crash
here in Central NY.

He told me was that the police and rescue squad were all warned to remain
clear of the aircraft because of the explosive device used to launch the
parachute. He also added that it was obvious from the state of the bodies
that they were not there to save the pilots lives.