Old September 27th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Hi People!

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:24:22 -0700, chandglider wrote:

Thanks! I found that there is club in my town and they are operating
70km away from my house. Funny, becouse I didin't even know that there
is smal airfield so near.

I think there are two reasons for this:

- lack of noise means that many, even aviation-aware people, simply
don't notice gliders flying past

- a glider field tends to be less welcoming to other activities when
its active. This isn't unfriendliness, but reflects the fact that
gliders fly non-standard circuits and approaches when conditions require
it. This means that its much harder to let another activity use part of
the field without affecting safety.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK