Old September 6th 04, 02:53 AM
Bob Kibby

I have an SZD-59 ACRO for sale that may be something you might want to
consider. Much more performance than a PW-5 and not that many more $. 15
meter span for cross country with water to 11+ lbs/ft2 and 13.2 meter for
acro if that is your thing. Currently advertised in SSA September Magazine
issue. See http://www.ssa.org/members/johnson/ for a copy of the article
that Dick Johnson wrote on my SZD-59 ACRO. I had 100 hours of glider time
when I purchased "59A". Easy to fly and have been able to accomplish a Gold
Badge with 2 diamonds in "59A".

Bob Kibby

"Jeff Runciman" wrote in message
I have been reading the posts and archived posts and
I am looking for some advice on a first glider. I will
be spending quite a bit of time in a 2-22 and should
have my licence in two weeks. Here are my experience
details and performance hopes:

Experience: Private pilots licence 140 hours current
Hang Glider 480 hours current
Glider 3 hours, 18 flights, 8 solo.
Ultralight 42 hours not current.

Performance Hopes: 40:1
Fiberglass
02 system
not scary to fly with
my experience
15 meter (maybe 13 meter
club class)
does not have to have
flaps
later than 1985

Can spend up to 35,000 U.S. dollars with trailer. (maybe
more based on your recomendations. ) Any help would
be appreciated.

Jeff