Old December 3rd 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default What First Glider to own?

On Dec 3, 3:15 pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
How Dare you! ??!

Libelle is "UGLY"???? and this coming for a guy with an LS1C?????

Glass houses!
Tim )

"rlovinggood" wrote in message

I would also recommend a Libelle:

Nearly everyone holds Libelles as beautiful and I couldn't agree more.

I'll have to disagree, to some extent, with WB.

Beautiful, yes. But only in a rare time when seen from a higher
vantage point and having to twist neck to look back and down.

Really ugly when seen from below and well out in front of my typical
vantage point. :-)

And yes, the low canopy really improves the look of this classic
glider.

I'll second what others have said: Make sure you get a good trailer
with all the bits in working order. Not much sucks more than a
knuckle-busting trailer.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
LS1-d

signature database 5672 (20101203) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5672 (20101203) __________

http://www.eset.com

as far as im concerned the libelle is beauty on wings. i gaggled with
a very nice 201 once while i was flying my cherokee ii. it took
everything i had not to let him outclimb me. i was impressed. i need
to sit in one to make sure that ill fit