Old July 5th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

Default POL corporate welfare

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:50:59 GMT, "Neil Gould"
wrote:

Yeah, going anywhere over 50 miles by Amtrak is going to be VERY
educational.

Having traveled thousands of miles on AmTrak, I highly recommend it. It's
a heck of a lot better experience than I've had on any airline.

Neil

Really?

Having traveled once from Richmond, VA to New Orleans by Amtrak, I'd
rather drive than do it again. I would have saved 18 hours each way
even if I stopped for 8 hours sleep.

It was only about $50 cheaper than flying round trip and used up 3
days of vacation.

Faster trains wouldn't have helped because the train had to stop at
every town with a Post Office.

Never Again!

Don