Old August 9th 04, 07:45 PM
TaxSrv

"Jacob Jaks" wrote:

I had the same thing happen here in Florida. I had to send a letter

to the
County Tax Collector stating that I had purchased all of the parts
individually, and that sales taxes were paid at the time of those

purchases.
He was fine with that. Jake.

Just so that statement is true. States can have laws like the feds
regarding unsworn, false statements to enforcement people. What they
used to call a "thousand and one charge" may now be known as the
"Martha Stewart charge." I know a guy who told State in writing that
a $25K aircraft he bought was "$500 salvage value only - damaged
aircraft." They accepted it, but not a good idea. Since state of
purchase was asking, not state of residence, he thought they couldn't
do anything. Not always true, and they could even theoretically take
it to the feds to see if they 'd like a mail fraud case.

Fred F.