Old August 9th 04, 10:23 PM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 11:50:01 -0400, "TaxSrv" wrote:

"Roger Halstead" wrote:
Get a tax attorney, or at least a registered tax consultant.
It will be worth the money and save you a lot of hassle in the long
run. That and they know the laws of your state.

Hey, I'm in the tax business, and I'll take fees for as many hours of
research a client can tolerate. These are real oddball taxes and
99.99% of tax practitioners will be clueless "off the top of the
head." From stories told me in our State, they just want a
reasonable-looking number and then they go away. For many
scratch-built homebuilts, the Dow Jones avg for the day may look good.

In my case (State of Michigan) I have to pay sales tax when I register
the plane. This can get really confusing IF you apply for an N#
through the feds now and register the plane in 10 years.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Fred F.