Old July 8th 18, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Trailer shade

On Sun, 08 Jul 2018 13:47:45 -0700, crosscountryboxco wrote:

My Trailer is kept outdoors during the summer. Thinking about a shade to
protect it from the sun.
Anyone has any ideas/experience ?
Dan

I have an alloy skin box trailer. In 2014 it was starting to look
somewhat tatty, so in September we took it back to primer by using a
rotary steel brush on the seams and an orbital sander on the rest of its
surface. Then we painted it arctic white using an acryllic automotive
trailer paint from a local dealer who supplies the car refinishing and
customizing crowd. We put a coat of primer and two coats of paint on
using rollers. The result was a huge improvement in appearance.

My trailer is parked on the club airfield from mid-March until some time
in November[1]. Its still looking very good with no sign of the paint
weathering or undue leaks.

[1] It over-winters in a local farmer's grain barn, which is dry if not
exactly warm. We put our trailers in this winter storage one the farmer
has sold the grain and emptied the barn.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org