Old August 13th 03, 12:53 AM
Ogden Johnson III

"Lawrence Dillard" wrote:

Aw, gee, OJ, it was just a case of a (serious) memory failure. But
truthfully, I am a wee bit sensitive about RS MacNamara. So sorry if you are
offended.

Not offended. It was more bemoaning the distance of time since I was
a hormone-ridden teen-ager, spending my HS years in the DC area and
actually paying attention to things like politics and the military -
being an Army/USMC brat as it were. I knew when the USAF jumped in on
the F4 and why, and that it preceded McNamara's ascent.

I'm not sure whether I believe in a devil; but I've come to regard money
rather highly. Seem to have what I need, but not as much of it as I want.
In any event, I am grateful for all the corrections offered to my erroneous
portion of my post, which in contrast to some, was not offered in a mean or
spiteful spirit.

Mine was just an attempt to make you realize that McNamara was by no
means the most despicable person ever to have served as a President's
cabinet member. That characterization is reserved to Josephus
Daniels. Sorry if it came off as mean and/or spiteful.

OJ III