Old August 17th 03, 02:48 PM
Pechs1

walt- Is there any reason why a SUU23 gun pod wouldn't work on any Navy
aircraft weapons station that can take a MER? BRBR

2000 pound item, poor reliability, worse boresighting. When I flew with them in
the 61st TFS, we said that they wouldn't even hit the nose gear if it were
down, they were so poorly boresighted and bent up.

But it should go onto any hardpoint that would take a dropable weapon, and some
SUU-23s were!!!

I would hope the military has a better pgun pod now.
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)