Old January 28th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG-300 instrument panel

E-Machine is a great service. I have used it to produce
some fairly complicated CNC aluminum parts. They are
not cheap, fast (typically 4 weeks) nor will their
software handle much in compound curves but then again
you don't have to take a course to understand it.

At 20:42 28 January 2006, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Bill Daniels wrote:

Loop this process until you run out of patience or
have the exact layout you
like. Then, use the final template and the router
to cut the actual panel
out of your material of choice.

If this strikes you as way too much work, use a PC
CAD program to lay out
the panel and e-mail a .DXF file to a laser cutting
shop who will cut the
new panel for you. Some will even cut plexi test
panels for you to play
with. Hint: to get the panel outline right, trace
the old panel on a large
sheet of graph paper and then transfer the grid points
to the CAD program.

You take a look at try http://emachineshop.com/, which
provides an easy
to use CAD program that will provide immediate quotes
from the drawing
you make. A large choice of materials and finishes
is available,
including fiberglass sheet.

--
Change 'netto' to 'net' to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA