Old August 19th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default Cirrus Lands via Parachute in Nantucket

Aluckyguess wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Judah wrote:
Owen Rogers wrote in
:
Looks like another save for BRS and Cirrus.

Apparently a Cirrus was attempting to land ACK VFR last night when they
ran into weather (fog and low visibility after sunset on the island are
common in the summer). They pulled the Ballistic Recovery System
parachute about 5 miles northeast of ACK.
Wouldn't it have been easier to just turn around?

That's what I was thinking. There is either much more to this story or
this was one dumb pilot. I'm hoping it is the former.

He is alive so he's not to dumb. He has money so who cares about the plane.

Sorry, being alive is hardly a measure of dumb or lack thereof. I know
a lot of dumb people who are alive and well.

Matt