Old July 28th 19, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

Was it your Prime Minister who wrote the Dunesbury comic strip, eh? You
Canucks have great senses of humour (misspelled intentionally). :-D

On 7/27/2019 7:16 PM, wrote:
Pompous? Moi? Mais non! I was just trying to be presidential. I guess I succeeded. Sorry, eh?? Or was it the offer of a free bandaid? We’re such showoffs with our universal health care.

I truly just st wanted a smile or two. The geography is a great bar bet down there. Unbeatable. None of this stuff matters anyway. If a Canadian glider pilot landed in the USA without permission he would live to fly another day. It’s an emergency landing in a (north) windstorm. Anyone argue with that?

But now I remember one reason I quit. The vast population of type Eh! personalities. Relax. Enjoy. It’s a fun sport. Impeachment will chill everyone out. You’ll need chilling. Your leaders deny climate change. Discuss how much better the soaring will be! Now THAT is being truly pompous. And we’ll sell you all our snow and then we’re all happy.

Bob

--
Dan, 5J