Old October 13th 16, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Default L'Hotelier Fitting Safety Pins

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 8:11:41 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Those bobby pins are used extensively on my Stemme and I lost two
that fell out of their retaining strings during taxiing operations
leaving me with only one spare.Â* A quick search found 1.2 mm hitch
pins at WalMart (of all places).Â* I got a bag of 50 pins for under
$8.Â* Here's
a link for anyone needing the same.Â* I've tried them and they
fit.

--

Dan, 5J

Good find and thanks Dan.
I keep safety wire in my trailer in case I loose a pin. The AD states "Enlarging the safety pin guide hole diameter to a min of 1.2mm (0.05 in.) to accommodate a safety wire or pin, as applicable.

But under that is what I wonder if anyone has done because I do not have this.

"Fabricating a placard (using â…› inch letters) with the following words:"

"All L'Hotellier control system connectors must be secured with safety wire, pins, or safety sleeves, as applicable, prior to operation." and

"Install this placard in the glider or sailplane within the pilot's clear view."

Casey