Old July 30th 14, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trackers at WGC 2014 Leszno

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:34:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
If you view 15meter pilots you can see 011 using an IPhone 4S to transmit 4 second tracking resolution in real time on GlidePort.aero! Watched him make a low save yesterday and today! 011 is the GlidePort developer flying for his native country of Serbia.

If you don't have the link go to glideport.aero - Poland - click on the aero club and the click on WGC contest. That will get you to the map with the tasks.

You can use the same technology by downloading the free app in the Apple Store.

Lane

- Not to take away from this great project, but isn't the signal spotty? My ATT iPhone wireless service works up to about 4,100ft msl around midwest and this barrier has been pretty consistent - regardless of tower region I found myself flying around.