Old August 29th 20, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada

On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 4:06:57 PM UTC-7, BobW wrote:
On 8/28/2020 3:55 PM, 2G wrote:
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 6:37:52 AM UTC-7, wrote:
It is unlikely that Oroc/Johnston survived the crash he was certainly
involved in.
2G- You consistently post unsubstantiated certainties. Unless you're some
sort of clairvoyant, I can't find where in the article it says this man
crashed and did not survive. At this point, he's missing and S&R is still
searching. This penchant you have of inventing stuff makes all your other
posts circumspect, even though some may have real value.

You need to take a course in comprehensive reading; I wrote that it is
UNLIKELY that he survived, not a CERTAINTY.

Tom

Rhetorical comment: "Geez, Tom. Short on chill pills? Do you *enjoy* coming
across as obtuse?"

Hopefully this ends well...though - I infer - with each day it seems less
likely. Infer? Just me, I guess...

cf: "...the crash he was certainly involved in." Certainly?

Seems to me, the situation is serious enough without indulging in "terminal
public speculation." Best wishes for Mr. Johnston, his family, and friends.

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Gee Bob, so you THINK the guy landed uneventfully and DIDN'T crash? Maybe YOU need a chill pill. His last reported position by his InReach was at 14,000 ft with NO subsequent fixes. In other words, device was damaged beyond use. Sounds like a crash to me.