View Single Post
Old June 26th 18, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona.

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 8:07:39 AM UTC-4, Tom wrote:
Once again the portion of RAS that makes me want to throw my phone or throw up my hands in disgust or just plain throw up rears up again. Terms being thrown around that are base at best, second guessing from the armchair and a blatant disrespect for the victim, family, friends, witnesses and others that have to deal with this.

It's not everyone for sure but the inflated egos, the insensitivity, the need to be right at all costs and the lack of humility from a few folks is pretty damn sad.

Gary - I'm so sorry. All one should say publicly right now is we are all so sorry.

For those on their soapboxes with no apparent social skills or filter - please think before you type. Practice empathy. I've read if one doesn't have empathy pretending actually works well and leads in some cases actual empathy.

There but for the grace of god goes I - I could screw up at anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Regards Tom

Well said Tom. I think it is unfortunate that someone's statement of mourning ("Lost one of my best friends today.") is met publicly with anything but empathy.