Old August 3rd 03, 02:04 AM
BD5ER

Default Structural adhesive question

I'm looking for someone that has used the adhesive I just did to tell me if I
got hosed again by AS+S.

What I ordered was the "all-purpose structural adhesive" part #9921 (fast, 35
min.) that the catalogue says is made by Hexcel and is mixed 1 to 1.

What I got has the right part number, but is something called Magnobond
2014-1/249-2. Since these companies keep changing their names and ownership
that wasn't much of a problem but this stuff came in 2 different quantities for
the A + B parts. Sure enough the directions on the bottle say to mix 2/1. So
I got out the old horse syringes and mixed up a batch and pasted on the parts I
wanted to set quick.

Well it's been 2 hours @ 80+ in the shop and it's still "gooey"

Anybody used this stuff? Is this normal for this "fast" structural adhesive?

The last batch of this stuff I got mixed 1-1 and worked just fine but it's out
of date so I though a fresh batch was in order for this kind of critical job.
If I have to scrape all this crud off and make new parts I'm going to be in
worse than my normal grumpy mood.