Old August 3rd 03, 06:03 AM
BD5ER

Thanks for the link.

I find it interesting that the only real physical parameter they list is the
thickness limitation of 1/2". Kind of looks to me like this might be a low
cost "junk" resin intended for general use.

Leave it to AS+S (maybe I should leave out the +) to substitute something as
sensetive as a structural adhesive and not even tell you.

The poor "gel" time compared to the original product, which is still described
on their web site, pretty much cost me a day of work. And that's if the stuff
turns out to be acceptable after calling the company in the AM Monday to get
some specs........

'course the fault is all mine to expect them to get an order filled complete
and correct (they didn't), and for using an unknown product without double
checking.

That says that it has a "pot life" of 28-38 minutes, and a "set time" of 12
hours.
Since it hasn't been 12 hours, I wouldn't panic yet.