Old July 1st 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberman

Default VFR on top question

Scenario 1....

Severe clear weather from point A to point B going east. MRA is 7000 in
which part of this area is below ATC radar coverage from past experience.
Highest OROCA enroute is 2600, filing is direct from airport to airport.

If I filed "VFR on top" /G for 3500, would I be legal to file this plan
since I would be able to maintain visual flight rules (VFR)?

Scenario 2.....

Throw in an active MOA to the above. I would assume that I would get
vectors or an amended clearance around the active MOA even though I am "VFR
on top". Would this be a correct assumption?

Allen