Old November 17th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Kobra

Default Garmin 496 Training

The 496's screen is very
restrictive in what it can show, by comparison.

Jay,

If I were you I'd borrow someone's 396/496, mount it on your yoke as
pictured in your photo. I think after 2 or 3 flights you won't be
complaining about the screen size. All the cardinal information is fit
nicely into that screen without having to squint.

If you need to see further out in front of you just zoom out. I don't think
what is important is the size as much as the resolution...and the resolution
on the x96's is pretty darn good.

Kobra